Application Guidelines – Unsolicited Inquiries
Dream Forward Foundation receives a great number of inquiries, expressions of interest, and applications outside of open calls. To facilitate an effective assessment, unsolicited inquiries, expressions of interest, and applications for the Dream Forward Foundation should be received according to the guidance below:
For general funding questions please submit contact details and a short description of your question using the General Inquiry button below.
To facilitate our response, you will be asked to indicate the DFF grant-giving area relevant to your question. If you are not sure which DFF grant-giving area might be relevant for your question, please select ‘Other’ and your inquiry will be distributed to the relevant area.
Expression of Interest
To initiate a dialogue with the DFF regarding a project idea that falls within the DFF’s areas of support, but cannot be applied for within our open calls, please submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) using the Expression of Interest / Application button below to enter the DFF application portal. Please note that submission of an EOI requires the setup of a DFF profile. The submission should include, but is not limited to; a description of the applicant, institution/affiliation, brief project description, and approximate funding amount. Please note that unsolicited EOIs that are developed into full project applications will be subjected to substantial peer review. Submitting an unsolicited EOI should not be considered a fast-track process.
To submit an unsolicited application that falls within the DFF’s areas of support, but cannot be applied for within our open calls, please use the Expression of Interest / Application button below to enter the DFF application portal. Please note that submission of an unsolicited application requires the setup of a DFF profile. The submission should include, but is not limited to; a description of the applicant, institution/affiliation, and collaborators, full project proposal, and detailed budget. Please note that unsolicited applications that are considered potentially relevant for a grant are subjected to substantial peer review. Submitting an unsolicited application should not be considered a fast-track process.
Dream Forward Foundation does NOT normally support:
- Sponsorships for attending and/or facilitating conferences or scientific meetings, except those related to areas specified on the DFF website
- Cultural events including theater, concerts, art exhibits, movies, music production and/or distribution, or book publishing
- Salaries, scholarships, or other support for personal undergraduate training or travel
- Maintenance, operation, or administration of institutions, organizations, and institutes
- Expenses for construction or renovation of buildings, facilities, or monuments
- Running expenses for clubs or associations including sport-, activity-, and youth clubs
- Personal living expenses including expenses for recreational purposes, non-professional travel courses, seminars, and social purposes
- Projects linked to commercial interests and activities or sponsorships